Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kid

In Runtime
hello all once again, im just full of questions now that i get to upgrade! So what i want to know is, how do i do raid, im planing on buying 2 80gb drives, and wanted to configure them to raid. I tried googling the subject (step one in anything), and all i got was abunch of technical mumbo jumbo. I know that my MOBO supports raid, i just need to find out... Heck

put the HD's in
plug in cables
then what?

you'd have enable the raid setup rom in the bios.. Then you have to setup the raid as 0/1 0+1 whatever will say something like press f2 to setup sata raid options now after bios goes through (Sometimes before) usually after however

You also need to install drivers on your OS. (from your motherboard disc then to a floppy disc) You must install drivers at the setup of the OS if you want the OS to run from the raid drives. (It will format it before the OS is installed or it will format in the OS depending on what your trying to do)

You have to setup the OS on it first.
Your computer already has an OS right; so all you have to do is plug the drives in, set up and Build the array in the BIOS, begin installation of the OS on the raid by adding the RAID drivers on a floppy in order for the OS to see it, the OS should then format the drives together, then it will copy the files and start installation, once done its finished.

Your old OS will stay saved on the second boot order. It will still be their but the raid will be the default OS. You can always change this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom