Raid-0 config

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey peoples at the tech forum

i have a 1TB drive sat here waiting to go in my rig but i thourght i would ask for help befor i try playing about with it, now installing the drive isent the problem

its the Raid setting thats currently set up on my rig

to be honest i have never set up a raid config on my system (had some one else do it) and i havent a clue what to do with it so i am here asking up befor i end up killing my data on my drives

the things i could do with knowing is how to config it so instead of it showing as a raid-0 it shows as its own drives (currently have 2x 500gb drives)

second thing i could do with knowing is i've had it set up a few month now with windows vista running on the raid-0 but i want it on 1 drive (might even get a fast drive for it) was just wondering if i set it as there own drive if it automaticly gose onto one drive or if i have to re-install windows

thats about it for now no doubt i will be back :laughing:

thanks for any help guys and girls

So right now you have 2 500gb drives in your computer?

These drives are set up as a raid0 array that is partitioned into 2 500gb partitions?
That is what it sounds like to me.

In disk management do they show up as two different drives or 1 drive with 2 partitions?

I am just a bit confused about the actual setup you have.

Switching from a raid0 to a single drive installation would be easiest to perform with a clean install. You could try to fight with clonzilla but usually does not work too well.

So right now you have 2 500gb drives in your computer?

These drives are set up as a raid0 array that is partitioned into 2 500gb partitions?
That is what it sounds like to me.

In disk management do they show up as two different drives or 1 drive with 2 partitions?

I am just a bit confused about the actual setup you have.

Switching from a raid0 to a single drive installation would be easiest to perform with a clean install. You could try to fight with clonzilla but usually does not work too well.

i have 2 drives in my rig set up in a raid-0 arry both showing up as 1x 1TB drive

i am looking at splitting them up into showing up as 2x 500gb drives and adding a 1TB drive

I would just leave it as a single partition and use it for os and games. Use the 1tb drive for data.

Remember with raid0 if one drive fails all data is lost.

I have never tried gparted on raid arrays but if you want to try to repartition you could give it a shot. Make sure all data is backed up before attempting to resize partitions.
GParted -- Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom