Radeon x1650pro 512mb AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyn66

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of getting a Diamond Viper Radeon x1650pro from NCIX. Right now I'm on a tight budget of like 90 bucks max... is there anything better than i can get for a better price (this one costs 75 with rebates).

My computer specs:

450 watt psu
Intel Pentium D 840 3.2ghz
1GB Memory
120GB HDD

I'm not a hardcore gamer so i'm probably not gonna play like Bioshock on my computer, just for some computer work and medium gaming

Is this card okay?

I'm thinking of getting a Diamond Viper Radeon x1650pro from NCIX. Right now I'm on a tight budget of like 90 bucks max... is there anything better than i can get for a better price (this one costs 75 with rebates).

My computer specs:

450 watt psu
Intel Pentium D 840 3.2ghz
1GB Memory
120GB HDD

I'm not a hardcore gamer so i'm probably not gonna play like Bioshock on my computer, just for some computer work and medium gaming

Is this card okay?

if he's ordering from ncix, he's probably canadian

i heard something about the sapphire one having problems with the cooling, and also, canada computers has TERRIBLE service...

should i stick with this one cuz it has 512mb of ram and i dont see the difference between sapphire, diamond, and so on

besides, its only 75 bucks

is x1650pro a good card tho? thats what i wanna know, cuz my cuzin is a huge hardcore gamer and he said that this one is "junk" cuz of the hd2000 series and the geforce 8 series (not to mention the new hd3000 series)

well, your cousin's full of **** because he's obviously not considering that you have a budget and that you only have an AGP slot...

The X1650PRO will play Bioshock, Oblivion, Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2, BF2, actually, it'll last you a long while with really well optimized games, actually, the X1650PRO is not that far behind a 2600XT or 8600GT for that matter (this generation of mid-level cards did not live up to the last generation at all)

The one game you'll have problems with is Crysis, and don't expect anything beyond a combination of low/medium settings for graphics at medium resolutions. But even people with high-end rigs are having problems with Crysis because it's a poorly optimized game (Unreal Tournament 3 on the other hand, runs very well on older systems)

Anyway, trust me on that X1650PRO, you won't regret it. It'll go a long way if you're not a super hardcore gamer that wants 120+ frames per second at a 8760x6542 resolution on an 86-inch LCD monitor. It'll last you a while before it really starts to become a bother.

As for Sapphire and heat issues, I only know of issues with the 512MB version of the X1950PRO. I'm more than certain this isn't an issue with the X1650PRO. And just pick one up wherever you feel comfortable spending your money. I've bought stuff from CC and I was quite satisfied myself. Super fast delivery and they fixed an error I made in the order by phone, they were really helpful.

I dont understand why it would take so much resources to get parts to canada... i mean i can see why the U.K. maybe but do they really tax that much or just refuse to transport to canada?

I dont understand why it would take so much resources to get parts to canada... i mean i can see why the U.K. maybe but do they really tax that much or just refuse to transport to canada?

what? are prices are pretty decent here, some prices are better than in the US... and availability is pretty good, actually, some major computer parts manufacturers are based here, like ATI.

and i remember seeing an 8800GT pop up somewhere almost a day before it started appearing in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom