Radeon 9550 with 2 monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Org

In Runtime
I though I read somewhere you can have 2 monitors with a radeon 9550 video card. But when I got the 2nd monitor to it there's only one spot they'll both plug in and some other type of plug.

It says Advanced digital video support for flat panel displays (DVI + VGA + VO and dual monitor support included) Mine are both VGA(I think).

Do I need an adapter? What kind?

Edit* CTR's are flat panel displays rite? Or did I need LCD's?

no u can hook any monitor up to it you need a dvi to vga adapter i got one from my local staples for like 20 bucks its well worth it. and yes some crts are falt screen some arent and u dont need lcds i have one lcd and one crt

14-130-062-02.JPG

The white plug is DVI, the blue is VGA. If your monitors are both VGA, you need a DVI to VGA converter.

CTR's are flat panel displays rite? Or did I need LCD's?

LCD monitors are flat screens. CRTs are the thicker ones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_monitor

So, if I want dual monitors and I have a card with both plugs, I can just plug each monitor into each plug and it will work, or do I have to have a specific driver/videocard combo?

As long as your vid card supports dual monitors then you should have no problem. Windows has built in support for dual monitors. You just have to enable the second one in your display settings.

you know Elbatrop whenever I read one of your post I always imagine you having benders voice. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom