Quiet laptop hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
I just got my hands on an ole' Dell L400 laptop from ebay and so far its not too shabby. I love the fact that its only 3.5lbs (1.6kl), but the only thing is that the hard drive is a little too noisy for my liking.
Now since this is my first plunge into laptops I'm not all that familiar with performace/cheap parts.
I would like to know, for those of you who have laptops with quiet hard drives, what model are they, and does it live up to your standards?
-Joe

I have a Western Digital 60gb 5400rpm drive for my laptop and it's pretty quiet. I believe that Seagate and Samsung make quieter drives even than this, but they do cost a bit more. Check out www.newegg.com for drives from these brands and read the reviews paying attention to how people liked the noise factor. It's a big deal for most people that their hd's are quiet.

seagate will rock ur world anyday...check it out..i ain't ever seen inside a laptop but once..and it's too small for me. newegg it up and the reviews oughta help for noise level

seagate have these things called fluid dynamic bearing motors which make them really quiet. I like seagates and all of my seagate 7200rpm drives are quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom