quick questions - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default quick questions

Hey all Im putting together a basic build for my youngest brother, nothing fancy, its a amd athlon x2 3800+ on a biostar motherboard. heres question number 1, I am putting it in an older case and am going to run it for a couple weeks to make sure it doesnt run to hot. during that time I need to monitor the temp. the gigabyte board I purchased awhile back for my system has a software package called easytune 5, used to monitor temps and for overclocking. Now it looks like it will work on any mobo but Im not sure, is this motherboard specific or can I load it onto this new system to use to monitor the temps? I also have software called face wizard, for creating custom boot screens-will this work on the biostar board? nothing in gigabytes instructions say anything about these two programs being board or brand specific. will these programs work on it, and if not are there other programs I can use? the mobo im usin is the BIOSTAR NF61S Micro AM2 SE AM2 with a amd athlon 64 x2 3800+ windsor with 1 gig of patriot ddr2 and an 80 hitachi HD powered by a 480 watt PSU. its not a high end powerhorse, but its for my 11 year old brother who just needs a cheap but decent build to do his schoolwork on since hes homeschooled and its all on the computer, and a little bit of light gaming, and I want it to work right and be a nice system for him.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: quick questions

download a program called coretemp. its excellent at checking temps. Also, just run coretemp while gaming or doing any intensive work, then just look at the temps (so the computer is under strain)

| Taintedplay | Q6600 | evga gtx 260| XP 32bit
Old 01-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: quick questions

is that free? I might do that, I was just seeing if easytune 5 would work since it not only measures temp but I can control fan speeds and voltage (for overclocking though I wont be doing any of that 2 ghz is more then enough juice for him)
Closed Thread