Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
What would preforme better? Say you had a system with 512MB ram and you wanted to buy a 6200 with turbo-cache. Would you yield better preformance if you had the 128MB version or the 256mb version?

well, i have compared an ati radeon 9250 128mb to a 9250 256mb but the performance increase was hardly notable even at higher resolutions. maybe just because the 9250 is based off of such old architecture to begin with. although, i do believe it is a misconception to buy a video card based entirely on the amount of ram it has today.

Personally I think that the 128mb version would be better because it leaves more system ram and you are right, the amount of video ram doesn't do much. Just like the FX5500.

well, i have compared an ati radeon 9250 128mb to a 9250 256mb but the performance increase was hardly notable even at higher resolutions. maybe just because the 9250 is based off of such old architecture to begin with. although, i do believe it is a misconception to buy a video card based entirely on the amount of ram it has today.

reggie_da_man said:
Personally I think that the 128mb version would be better because it leaves more system ram and you are right, the amount of video ram doesn't do much. Just like the FX5500.

You hit it right on the nose. You'd be robbing system ram if 256mb was being stolen. That would be a bum leg for sure.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom