Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

4uvak

In Runtime
I have HP a400n computer with 2.7ghz processor in the beggining computer had only 256mb but a year ago I upgraded to 768MB right now I am thinking going 2gb total will my system handle it ? Will I notice I huge improvement?
I am running windows xp

Your system can only handle 1 GB (2 x 512 MB).
I don't see any real reason for you to upgrade it.

After some more searching I think the 2gb is the right one. I'm not really sure if you should upgrade or not,(leaning more towards no). If your gonna upgrade, your going to have to get rid of your old ram that is installed. Kind of a waste.

As for the speed increase, I don't think you will notice much of a increase unless you are running programs that require lots of ram.

Even HP doesn't know for sure. According to the product specs it is a max of 1 GB (2 x 512). According to the mobo specs right beside it it is 2 GB (2 x 1 GB).

All you can do is try it, I guess.

Since the mobo doesn't have a graphics slot, it isn't very expandable.

I'm going to say that your not going to notice any big diffrence between what you have now and what you would have at 2 GB...

The diffrence between 256 and 768 is huge.. but you would think going up to 2GB you would see even more.. but you wont, i did it with my emachines and it was a complete waste :) same thing as you... Started at 256. Went to 768... then went to 1.5 GB and didnt seem any diffrent

Unless you are encoding or playing a memory intensive game, anything over a gig doesn't give a noticable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom