Quick installation question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propheticjester

Solid State Member
I'm about to order my motherboard, but I've been reading some websites on how to replace the motherboard and they all mention using your XP installation disk. I don't have one, my comp came with it already installed. Do I need this?

dont worry about the disk you dont need it. when you connect your motherboard up and turn your pc on your pc will notice the change. Just install everything on the disk that comes with the board.

just glad to be of help and make it easier for others. i only joined 2 days ago and im only 16 lol.

When your installing a new motherboard, you would always want to reformat. Beacuse of all the other motherboard driver's left behind and all the other old stuff

I wouldnt suggest reformatting cos this will erase everything on your pc. Theres prob a much easier way of getting rid of the old drivers and even if there isnt i doubt they use up much memory. I wouldnt worry too much about them, hardly worth it.

trial and error on what? The drivers are hardly worth the fuss. I dont think u would want to lose everything on your hdd. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom