Quick Help! Is this sufficient, and will it last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuzi

Solid State Member
I need a quick opinion if this notebook set-up will be effective enough to handle typical demands for a student such as web-browsing, word processing/powerpoint, dvd and music burning, multimedia(music and movies), basic web design (html and dreamweaver)and low level gaming(half life1, battlefield 1942). Here are the specs: HP pavilion dv500z: AMD sempron 3100+ (2.0 ghz), MS Windows XP Media Edition, 128 mb ATI radeon express w/hyper memory, 1 gb RAM, 80 gb HD, 8x dvd+/-R/RW w/double layer support, 54g 802.11 b/g WLAN (i can acces internet wirelessly with this right?), and a 6 cell battery. help is greatly appreciated! do you think this is enough, and will this last?

Yes, it will serve you just fine, seeing you don't plan on overly taxing on your laptop. Looks A-Ok to me.

yeah your notebook will get on the net with that perfectly if you have a wifi in its vicinity. it should come with a NIC too though. should be suitable for your gaming needs. might wanna up the processor a bit just in case if you find some games that you want to play a little later on. it wont handle oblivion ill tell you that right now @.@

If you want to do gaming, it may lag a little bit on the video card, however.

But notebook's aren't so easy to upgrade, so just lower the settings on the games. For everything else, it's great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom