Questions w/ video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc1212

Baseband Member
My computer is fairly old and my games run extremely slow. If I want to improve the graphic quality and speed of my games, I need a video card, right? What video card would you recommend? Also, there are 2 types of video cards, right? PCI and AGP? How can I tell what kind my computer is?

Thanks! I'm a total tech-n00b. :(

It tells you various information about your computer. Such as motherboard type, graphic slot type, processor, ram, etc.

You will want to also be aware that there are more cards that just AGP & PCI. There are also PCI Express cards. These range from PCI Express x1, x4, x8, and x16. You will want to note that PCI Express slots and PCI slots are PHYSICALLY different. So, if you board doesn't have a PCI Express slot, then make sure the card you are getting is NOT PCI Express.

Good luck with your upgrade!

Also, if you can list the specs of your PC and your budget, we can see what your options are. It may be that more than just a video card will be required.

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

Okay so my computer is PCI...?

As for computer specs, I'm not sure exactly sure but I think I have the following requirements:

Processor: Intel Celeron 1.70 GHz
Video Card: Integrated
RAM: DDR 384 MB
Hard Drive: 40 GB

I know, its a poor setup. :(
As for my budget, I'm not sure. Let me know what you would recomend and the predicted price.

Yep, you only have a PCI slot. If it was me, I would give up on upgrading that, because it is so outdated. I would just keep saving my money. But how much are willing to spend for a graphic card?

OK, but don't spend that much on a graphic card. Especially on that old technology. I guess the best PCI, you can get, is either the Nvidia FX5500 or ATI Radeon 9250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom