Questions on my first build - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Questions on my first build

Thanks Hero! Love newegg huh? lol....Some nice looking things on that setup but here is a few questions I have. Why do I need a SSD and a HDD? Is Sparkle a good company to get a video card from, I never really heard of them. And secondly (and it might just be me but) I seem to be able to follow specs and stuff better with AMD than with Intel, not sure why?

Old 03-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Pretty nice set up Night, another Intel fan huh?

Old 03-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hyper Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr525 View Post
Thanks Hero! Love newegg huh? Very much. lol lol....Some nice looking things on that setup but here is a few questions I have. Why do I need a SSD and a HDD? With your operating system and your games on the SSD you will see a crazy decrease in loading times and a much faster boot time. You don't want to use the SSD for file because an SSD has a limited read/write lifespan. Is Sparkle a good company to get a video card from, I never really heard of them. I would say they are as good as most but the best part about them? LIFETIME WARRANTY And secondly (and it might just be me but) I seem to be able to follow specs and stuff better with AMD than with Intel, not sure why? Not sure either but there isn't much of a difference between the 2 besides like 10 terms.
Answers in red.

And to clarify... I'm not an Intel fanboy. Read my sig and you can see I run both BUT I know that Intel does dominate the high end market at this point in time, so I'm trying to help you get the most for your money not convert you lol.
- Asus VG248QE - Corsair M60 & K90 -
Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks Hero... I appreciate all your help. I'm going to read up some more on the SSD vs HDD. You gave me something to think about and when the time comes, I'll make sure to let you know what I go with.

Closed Thread