Question with upgrading GFX Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the ATI one didn't look to promising with the reviews. I dunno, I kinda want to stay away from that and stick with nVidia. The 9600GSO looks nice.

I dunno if I've said this yet in this thread, but I'm just looking to play WoW on max graphics with a fairly high FPS and GTA4 when it comes out.

WoW is easy to max..

GTA4.. no card out can do that right now (its more demanding than Crysis is, and Crysis has yet to be maxed with good FPS, settle with Medium/Medium-Low on GTA4)

the 9600 will be fine

if you raid your going to get slowdowns no matter what kind of system your running

but this 9600gso will be fine for you 95% of the time in wow,

with max graphics

Okay, how about GTA4? Would you happen to know how that card will run with that game given only the requirements that just came out.

Scratch that, it should be fine.

But one thing. Is there a difference between these two.

Newegg.com - ASUS EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - EVGA 384-P3-N965-TR GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Basically just the price. They seem the same.

WoW is easy to max..

GTA4.. no card out can do that right now (its more demanding than Crysis is, and Crysis has yet to be maxed with good FPS, settle with Medium/Medium-Low on GTA4)

By max, you are implying that the pc version will have quite a bit better graphics and such? Or are you implying that the game was not streamlined and programmed improperly like the regular crysis and that is why nothing can max it. If that is so, can you not even get it to look like it looks on a console?

I'd say Medium on the PC beats what the Console has...

But GTA4 is a really demanding game, high graphics, good textures, nice effects; I don't know if the engine will be crap like Crysis was (Plus you get AA and AF on the PC)

Trust me... the 3850 is a good card. I play a few older games, but I also play COD4, COD5 (beta), and Fallout 3 on my card and all run smooth and look great. It is hard to beat its bang for the buck, especially now that the price has dropped so far.

Too bad I don't have a Crossfire board, as I would slap another puppy in there for these prices.

I'm not saying its a bad card, but Games are getting over-demanding for no reason.. I mean games like COD4 look pretty good and aren't overkill in terms of Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom