Question, i am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzler

Beta member
I am running an AMD 3400+. for 2 1/2 years it was in a Gigabtye K8 NS pro mobo. last week that board took a dump. It was a good chance for me to really upgrade my system, AM2 or something like that, but i chose to be cheap and got a cheap replacement board. I am not running a PCChips M870 Mobo. For what ever reason, my cpu is now running alot cooler. that doesn't really make any sense to me. can anyone give me a reason for that? not only does it run cooler but i am now able to overclock the cpu when i couldn't really do it on my K* board. the cpu speed is clocked to 215 now. on my old board i couldn't go passed 206 with out problems. i was expecting this board to be a downgrade but this board has run faster than better than my old board. do PCChips actually make good products or did i just get lucky?

it also seems to run quieter too.

#1 reason why the CPU is cooler and faster = Technology.

A motherboard from 2-3 years ago will have more life used from it, and act alot hotter and slower. A new board has never been used; therefore it's going to work alot better with the CPU.

As for the running cooler, it could be that the heat sink & fan weren't properly seated on the CPU on the old board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom