question on drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad1978

Beta member
I just got my new system running today. Do I have to install the graphic card and dvd writer drivers? My card is working just fine and haven't installed the driver yet. The bios sees my dvd writer,and it runs everytime there's a cd rom in it.

window 7

nvidia geforce 8400 gs

hp dvd writer 1260

thank you

Brad

DVD drive doesn't require any extra drivers. You should however install the drivers for your graphics card from nVidia's site.

This is my first post, So excuse me if I seem a bit lost. I just re-built a system that was previously broken. and I installed 7 on it. it has a intel pentium 4 processor. 1.7 GHz. it has 380mb or RAM and I have a Diamond stealth s60 Radeon by ati video card. I cannot seem to find the drivers for 7 and I tried to install the XP drivers but it didnt work, Not that I expected it to. Can somebody please help me? Here is a link for the card. S60PCI|ATI Radeonâ„¢ 7000 DIAMOND STEALTH S60 PCI 32MB DDR TV Out|7000|PCI Video Cards|PCI Graphic Cards at diamondmm.com

According to Diamond's website, they do not make a Windows 7 driver, or even a Vista driver. Try either running Windows Update on 7 to see if it picks up a video driver, or contact Diamond or ATi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom