Question on the different monitor connection formats - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 188
Default Question on the different monitor connection formats

I was looking at some spare hardware at my wife's job and noticed some of their flat LCDs had some weird cable on them. It wasn't the standard DVI cables. The connection on it was thinner than the standard DVI cable. What is this format called?

I was thinking about buying one of their monitors as a spare monitor for my office but this connection kinda made me think twice on the purchase.

You got VGA, DVI and what else?

Seiken is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,706

maybe it was something specific to that monitor/brand...

there are different kinds(s-video, rgb, etc...) but I don't know about what your describeing...

Juice Daddy is offline  
Old 11-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Ste's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,578
Send a message via MSN to Ste

Might be something like HDTV
Ste is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.