Question on Basic Computer Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobeka

Beta member
Hi everyone. I was looking into building my sister-in-law a very basic computer. She would only be using this computer for surfing the internet, managing her music collection/IPOD, and running Microsoft Office for work. She doesn't play any games at all.

I built my first computer about 2 1/2 years ago, but I am sure many things have changed since them. Is there anyway you guys could possible recommend a build that I should look into?

Or do you think that, for what she is looking for, I should buy a cheap computer from Best Buy/Circuit City. I am pretty confident in my ability to build a computer, but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it price wise.

I'm trying to keep the price down to around $400, and that is including a monitor and unfortunately windows xp also. I don't need microsoft office though, because I have that.

Thanks for any tips you guys can recommend. I really appreciate your help.

I would say just get a dell (i cant believe i just said that :rolleyes: ). For that price you'll get everything you need. I saw an ad for a dell the other day, 15" flat screen, speakers, keyboard and everything for just about that price. I think it would take abit more to build your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom