I currently have 3 HD installed in my PC. All connected using SATA.
1. 300 GB - 2 partitions 200GB and 100 GB, 200GB partition contains Win7 x64 OS. Currently total free available space is about 150GB
2. 150 GB - Used for storage. (I believe it starting to fail, cannot copy large size files anymore. Tried running win checkdisk, but it could not fix it.)
3. 300 GB - Mostly used for video editing.
I want to upgrade all of the drives to SSD. I was thinking of getting two 256 GB and one 128 GB. I do not install a lot of software so the capacity should not be an issue even if I loose little bit of space in each drive.
I am using Asus P5B Delux Mobo with quad core CPU, 4GB of ram. The windows 7 score is 7.8 for all components except HD. HD's score is 5.2
This is the Storage information for Mobo
6 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,JBOD
JMicronŽ JMB363 PATA and SATA controller
1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
1 xInternal SATA 3.0 Gb/s port
1 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go)
Support RAID 0,1,JBOD
(by 1x External SATA & 1x Internal SATA)
1. Is installing and partitioning SSD is the same as HDs? I am going to use this software to create partitions - Partition Wizard Bootable CD allows user to manage partition directly with partition manager bootable CD.
2. I have a ghost image of my current system. Once I partition the SSD can I just re-image it with my current image?