Question about two external hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarian

Beta member
I am buying a 500gb external HD for my computer, and I found two likely prospects. Now, I don't know that much about computers, but I need a big HD. Earlier, I was buying RAM, and it fit all my requirements, I was actually scrolling down to buy it, and then I noticed, in smaller letters, "High Density". It would not work in my computer. I then checked them out via Google, and there were alot of bad reviews. Nonetheless, I think both of these external Hard drives will work on my computer and are from a legit buyer, but I was just wondering if anyone here is willing to check for a little known fact that would make it incompatible with my system..? I am using an eMachines T3124. My specs are here:
eMachines Support: Product Support and Downloads
(Note: Click on the + besides specifications to view it)

And here are the two auctions:
1: This one doesn't come with a fan, is that important?
eBay: EXTERNAL USB 2.0+WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB 16MB HARD DRIVE (item 250135540245 end time Jun-30-07 07:10:37 PDT)

The second one:
eBay: EXTERNAL USB 2.0+WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB 16MB HARD DRIVE (item 250136456613 end time Jul-06-07 21:00:00 PDT)

I really appreciate the help, I really need it. (It could save me almost 150$). Thank you.

EDIT:
The first item is ended, but the seller has duplicate auctions that are the exact same that I will buy from.

Welcome to TF!
Are you going to use this to store things and backup or is your idea to use at to install windows?

Thanks. But, the fact that the first one has no fan will not mean anything? It will not have overheating problems or anything such as that? And btw, my house stays at about 72-80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom