Question about printer ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootwoot

In Runtime
If I'm building a new comp with a new case, do I need to purchase a separate printer port for it? Or is that method totally out of date. As well, do I need any other ports for an empty case (mouse, keyboard, sound...)?

Depends on the printer, but most consumer level printers nowadays are USB so you do not have to purchase anything for your new computer. If you are building a new computer, then all the ports that are necessary are on the back of the motherboard.

A very few new motherboards still have a parallel port. With that said you can always install a pci card if you have to have one.

if your printer uses a parallel port then yes you will most likely have to buy an add-on card. or buy a new printer for christ's sake lol.

I have seen many printers for very specific situations that still use parallel. Usually for production companies or older ones for point of sale computers. But if you do not currently have a printer that requires parallel do not worry about it. And if it is for personal use,
buy a new printer for christ's sake lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom