question about...(pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting enough power? I have 400W is that enough? And getting too hot? I think my case has a decent airflow a 120mm in the back and a 140mm fan in the front, I'm thinking of gettn two more fans? What would you suggest I do to get the fan on my graphic card running? And how do I get rid of that hardware monitor error every time I start up or reboot?

Asus mainly gives out hardware monitor error as it feels like fans doesnt running properly, check your power cable to the fans, as if it is running smooth (at least 1200 RPM's on a BIG Copper Heatsink), then go into BIOS and click FAN settings of CPU, and select DISABLED. as Asus BIOS as when feels like fan running at slower speed (slower than 1000), then it gives out Hardware Monitor error.

BTW, you dont have to worry about your CPU getting burnt out, as Intels are coming with Thermal Diode since Pentium-III Era. so it will not bring any harm to your CPU, as if you cannot set up FAN properly in few minutes. (Prolonged Usage without FAN of course will ddamage your CPU ~ Reduced Life).

on my board the dfi lanparty nf4 ultra-d i have the 4x pci-e connector and a molex connector but i have them both plugged into my power supply is that bad?

the picture in your first post is the systme speaker..... it is annoying as ****...

As far as your video card's fan not spinning.... have you made sure that the power wires for the fan on that card are properly plugged into the card? Also, does the card have a spot for a molex connector, and if so, did you connect one?

mole1135 said:
on my board the dfi lanparty nf4 ultra-d i have the 4x pci-e connector and a molex connector but i have them both plugged into my power supply is that bad?

it depends, as when P-IV came out, they require a 4 X Pin Square Power Stream to powerup the CPU, which is added with PCI-E connector to powerup the PCI-E cards/buses. so to say that now it requires 2 additional power streams, 1 remained for CPU and 1 for PCI-E that in your case is already included in the main power stream for mothreboard.

it was little confusing that why additional apart from 24pin + 4 pin. so I had to download the Manual for your motherboard (pretty confusing manual), i use to think Asus makes rubbish manuals. anyway, your manual shows that it is for the Graphic Card, or even a HDD. you can takle power out from this port, even if you do not insert any power cable in that molex connector, still your system should work fine. so it shows that it is output connector and not the input. just check plugging the wire out of it, if it works well.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
the picture in your first post is the systme speaker..... it is annoying as ****...

As far as your video card's fan not spinning.... have you made sure that the power wires for the fan on that card are properly plugged into the card? Also, does the card have a spot for a molex connector, and if so, did you connect one?

Thanks to Ethereal, the power of the fan on my card wasn't all the way in, so I just took it out and reinserted it. Now that the graphics fan is running, I still have that hardware monitor error but, it doesn't look like its causing any harm to the comp or is it?

I need help with my motherboard since theres no manual for it, neither from Asus or Sony. Where would the 10-pin audio connector be and where would the firewire connector be. My mobo is a P4B266-LM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom