Question about PCI Express Slots and Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

foskey

Baseband Member
Today, i bought a Evga Geforce 6700GT graphics card that is PCI Express, coming back to my computer, i thought it would work with a regular PCI slot but obviously it does not fit. Searching the internet, I found a type of hardware called a "riser" that will fit into my PCI slot to make it a PCI Express slot if i am correct? I'm not sure if that will work, or i would have to purchase another mobo in order to actually use the card i bought. I appreciate all comments on this thread, hopefully i can learn something about what I've done :confused:

if your on a budget then get a new mobo, but if you have money to spend and are willing to, build a new comp.

couldn't you just return your card? your current motherboard supports agp so you could return that card and get an agp card. if you can't return the card, then give us your current system specs and we'll tell you the best way to go... most likely building a budget system around your new video card.. try to be as detailed as possible.. like not just how much ram, but what type of ram as well... not just HD capacity, but interface as well (well.. not that important..) .. anyways.. gl

yeah, im going to end up returning it, if i get store credit i will probably check out the agp cards. ( have a 9600xt 128mb currently)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom