Question about hooking up my cables from PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desktop

Baseband Member
Hi everyone. I'm building my first computer - w00t! All my parts have arrived and although I ordered the Gigabyte P35-DS3R ClubIt sent me the P35-DS3L. After checking both of these boards on the Gigabyte site I decided to keep the DS3L, because the only thing the DS3R offers is RAID and more SATA ports. I'll never use RAID and I can always get more SATA (I'm sure they sell PCI cards somewhere for that).

Anyway, I'm starting to assemble everything in the case, but now I have some questions. My PSU is a PCP&C Silencer 610. I have it installed in my Ultra m998 case, but I'm a little confused about all these cables. I want to make sure I'm hooking everything up correctly, so I have some pictures to help illustrate what I'm asking.

Now I take it these are all the power connectors? The 4-pin ATX 12V, and the 24-pin main mobo power. I believe one is for CPU but not sure what the other is for?

Ok, now in this photo I have one of the SATA cables from the PSU plugged into my HD. There are three SATA plugs on this cable and I have the first one plugged into the drive. I take it the other two are for more HDs?

Same thing only this time I've used the other SATA cable from the PSU to hook up to my Lite-On SATA DVD burner. Is this correct?

I appreciate any help or advice you can give. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom