Question about a dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
joshd said:
why do you need a new os?

my, my, these forums have gone very anti-dell in the few weeks i have been away, havnt they?

Ok. All Dell's ship with OEM operating Systems. When Dell builds your piece of crap and installs the OS on your POC they authenticate the OS online with microsoft. Which is for the DELL PC. During this process information about this POC is sent to microsoft with the serial key for the OS. Now, this OS is only good for 1 machine. Sure you can reinstall it over and over and over again on the same machine, but it's already been authenticated.

Now, try installing this DELL OEM software on a rebuild with a new MOBO and other hardware. You will have to try to reauthenticate it online. And guess what will happen when you try that???

You'll get a message like this one, "This software is already licensed to another computer." Sorry you are SOL!!!!

That's why you need a new OS. Either new OEM or FULL version...

Thanks you goodnight!!!

And even a phone call saying your dell burned into many little peices, and I payed for the OS will not help you?

so how much on ur machine can you replace, before ur os stops working? is it just mobo and proc? or does ram and expansion cards bugger it up aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom