Question about the Asus m2n-e and AMD 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb

Solid State Member
I was wondering if anyone has purchased this motherboard from this site recently. If so, I want to know which Bios version it came with.

Basically, my situation is that I own a m2n-e already, but am going to purchase another one for an AMD 6000+ and give the old one (along with an AMD 4200+) to my brother. The problem is not knowing whether the 6000+ will work in the m2n-e before a Bios update. If the 6000+ does not work in the m2n-e before the Bios update, what's the easiest (least hassle) way of doing this?

If I have to update the Bios before putting the 6000+ in, I'd have to use the 4200+, right? Then I would have to remove all the thermal paste and re-apply it again (seems like a waste of paste and such...)?

So, I'm wondering what the shipping Bios version is on the m2n-e as of now, and the most simple way to "make it work" if the Bios is not up-to-date enough for the 6000+.

Thanks!

just go to the asus site and get the newest one. I think since 6000+ slightly newer the bios might not recocognize it fully but it'll still work.

If the 4200+ works, so will the 6000+. They're both Windsors.
Are you're saying it will work before or after the Bios update? The main reason I'm asking is because I don't want to go through the trouble of updating it, then swapping CPUs again, etc.

Thanks for the replies.

--

Edit: Here's another question since I have so many already: Will the 6000+ create a noticeable difference in games paired up with a 8800GTS 320 compared to a 4200+?

Are you're saying it will work before or after the Bios update? The main reason I'm asking is because I don't want to go through the trouble of updating it, then swapping CPUs again, etc.
Before
Edit: Here's another question since I have so many already: Will the 6000+ create a noticeable difference in games paired up with a 8800GTS 320 compared to a 4200+?
Depends on the game, but I'd say yes. I went from a 4600+ to a 6000+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom