a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermilion123

Beta member
i'm currently making the money to buy some more memory, a bigger hard drive and a windows vista home premium cd by the time august gets here. but what i'm gonna do with the hard drive is put it in the place of my master hard drive and install the OS from there. but i already have a slave hard drive hooked into my master.

my question is, when i install vista on to my new master hard drive, will the programs and stuff on my slave drive work with the new master drive? i have a lot of games and things on my other drive. and the worst case scenario to happen is that they don't work with the new master drive and OS. so will the new master drive affect the programs on my slave drive? or will the programs just be on the drive and not be linked with the new registry or something.

The data should still be accessible, but any installed programs will have to be reinstalled to be considered installed in a new Windows.

However, you might want to talk to people who have Vista before jumping into it. We have not talked to anyone YET who has it who did NOT have a bunch of trouble with it.

which is why i'm waiting till august to try it. i'm looking at reports from people who have it and are testing it to see if its any easier or better than xp. (less security vulnerabilities, lock ups etc.)

Vermilion123 said:
i'm currently making the money to buy some more memory, a bigger hard drive and a windows vista home premium cd by the time august gets here. but what i'm gonna do with the hard drive is put it in the place of my master hard drive and install the OS from there. but i already have a slave hard drive hooked into my master.

my question is, when i install vista on to my new master hard drive, will the programs and stuff on my slave drive work with the new master drive? i have a lot of games and things on my other drive. and the worst case scenario to happen is that they don't work with the new master drive and OS. so will the new master drive affect the programs on my slave drive? or will the programs just be on the drive and not be linked with the new registry or something.

i would say; Go ahead and get the ram upgrades and Hard drive, those wont affect your PC (negitivly) as you know, they will give you speed and storage

BUT

Vista will give you random crashes and restarts, AS with most new products, the first release has bugs and faults..

if you do have your heart set on getting Vista, wait untill they work out the kinks, for your, and your computers sake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom