Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEELERGLENN

In Runtime
I'm not sure how to word this put I'm working on a pals computer it's a PC when is starts up up it' sits in the one screen for about 4 minute's before it proceeds the options at the bottom follows.

Del enter setup esc enter boot menu i mean it sits for awhile before it changes screens what is up can't it go to the desk top faster

k what you want to do is first go to run and type in msconfig, turn of stuff at startup you dont want. then you go into run and type in services.msc and disable all services that you are not using, if ur not sure what it is look at the description. then when you do that go here......

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1768298,00.asp

and see what else you can do to make it boot faster.

nitestick said:
i don't think it has to do with startup items seeing as that description sounds like its stalling at POST. if that is the case i would say it is a hardware detection issue, so via a process of elimination you are going to have to find out what is causing it to stall

yep and i bet ya its a hdd! Does he have more then one installed? If so make sure the jumpers are set right master and slave not cable select.

also there is a issue before it starts up saying in a little blue bax cable is not connected and what is a hdd? jumpers? huh im lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom