Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps3147

Baseband Member
q66003700.jpg

is it possible to get a Q6600 to these core speeds stable beacuse im getting one and my friend emailed me this saying his at this speed.

It's possible with the right components. Such as a great overclocking motherboard, an excellent cooler, or watercooling kit. What is he overclocking with? Or what is the rest of his specs?

sorry not sure about those he just told me he made a new build and oc'd his cpu and he knew i was plannig a new build and recommended the go steppin q6600 he said they can overclock quite easily with the right cooling as you said. i have 2 questions a would you recommend this cpu for video converting and gaming and b i dont know the first thing about overclocking so would it be easy to oc this thanks.

Yes that CPU is excellent for video work. Its still a monster for gaming, but not quite as good as some of the dual cores (such as E6750)

Ocing is very easy, and there are numerous guides out there on the internet.

ps3147 said:
sorry not sure about those he just told me he made a new build and oc'd his cpu and he knew i was plannig a new build and recommended the go steppin q6600 he said they can overclock quite easily with the right cooling as you said. i have 2 questions a would you recommend this cpu for video converting and gaming and b i dont know the first thing about overclocking so would it be easy to oc this thanks.

Yes, I would recommend it for conversion, editing, and gaming. It can handle all of those, no problem. Overclocking is very easy, and it's much safer than a lot of beginners think. When you're ready to overclock, just ask around here, and you'll get plenty of responses. You can read this guide, to get your feet a little wet, before you consider overclocking:
Overclocking Guide - MajorGeeks Support Forums

...which you should, because those processors are just made for overclocking.

just ordered the Q6600 GO and wanted some advice what would be the best heatsink to get for it when tryin to oc up 2 3GHZ

The Tuniq is the favorite, and most recommended for quad core processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom