Q About Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbmark50

Baseband Member
I was looking at my build, and noticed that some hard drives are INCREDIBLY expensive right now.

Here's the one a site recommended to me:

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - PCPartPicker Its 100 dollars or so....

Could I use this instead

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - CD / DVD Burners
I am using my comp for MMOs such as star wars the old republic if that helps

You could go with a much smaller drive for now and upgrade later. 160GB would be more than enough to game with.

You could go with a much smaller drive for now and upgrade later. 160GB would be more than enough to game with.

Sorry man Im really new to computer building. I need both of the hard drive and dvd drive?

Also, Ill probably just go with the 160mb hard drive then. Thanks for your help

You need your HDD for your games and operating system. You need a DVD player to install any games that come on a DVD or DVD movies.

Well I was going to make my own thread but then I saw this. I need a 2TB Hard drive but the prices are outrageous at the moment...even on Newegg. $169 is pretty much the cheapest I can find. I just bought the exact same one like 3 months ago for 1/2 the price. Thus making me physically ill thinking for shelling out the cash for it. Anyone know anywhere that could be cheaper. If not how long will this flooding effect the prices?

Skull, they will go down in time, no one can say for sure. You'll just have to wait, I'm afraid.

And actually, their production is almost back to normal, it will just take a while to fluctuate the prices.

Edit: It's just like gasoline. It can go up outrageously, but it takes some time to come back down.

Sorry man Im really new to computer building. I need both of the hard drive and dvd drive?

Also, Ill probably just go with the 160mb hard drive then. Thanks for your help

I ran with an 80GB for a couple of years so you will be OK. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom