Putting a build together, odering later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBelt

Beta member

looks good to me. only thing i'd change is the ram. I'd get 4gb instead of 2 if you can fit it into your budget.

Thanks, Il see if I can find a good deal. Wouldn't my mobo only recognize 3.3gb of ram and not the 4? Il be using Windows XP Pro with SP3 32bit. Right now I'm at $491 including shipping hehe not too much wiggle room.

Perhaps go with 3GB dual channel? 2x1GB and 2x512MB would keep it so you use all that you have installed and keep the dual channel benefits.

Perhaps go with 3GB dual channel? 2x1GB and 2x512MB would keep it so you use all that you have installed and keep the dual channel benefits.

I like that hehe. I will just have to wait to get the 2x512mb for like a month. I also don't plan on getting a 64bit os until windows 7 comes out so that might offer the best performance until then. The other ram is nice tho and in my price range haha it tough choice, thanks for looking that up.

dual channel has minimal benefits, and it isn't really seen much in every day usage.. only in benchmarks and if you game and it uses all of your ram will you see the benefits of dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom