Put Together PC For Me To Build Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
i think im going to attempt to build a machine my self i would like a few recommended setups from different people by this i mean give me links from newegg to all the hardware you think i should get that includes motherboard,processor,case,ram,sound card,video card and any other hardware you think i should get with your setup i need atleast 7-8 usb ports which includes atleast 2 in the front hard drives an dvd burners i can pick out fine my self
also recommend an internal wireless g card please

this is what i will be using the computer for

browsing internet
streaming video
watching videos/movies in various players
connecting ipod and listening to music
using photoshop viewing and editing photos
legal downloading using torrent through azureus
i dont need a monitor already have that

one more detail i want to use windows xp on this machine dont feel like learning or messing with vista

im looking for the fastest possible setup when it comes to motherboard/processor and ram i could get with the best video and sound card i could get..also would like the case to keep everything as cool as possible cause my room and the area the pc is in tends to get kind of warm

budget would be no more then 1200 would prefer to stay under that if i can get what you think would be ideal for what im looking for

If you're willing to spend $1200 bucks on hardware, I'd recommend:

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
-Antec 900 Case. Excellent Cooling, good size, well made.

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P45 Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
-Asus P5Q Deluxe. It's a very efficient board from the best mobo brand, and has plenty of expansion possibilities.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
-Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 - it's a dual core CPU at 3.16 GHz, and very overclockable if you're interested.

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
-4 gigabytes of Kingston HyperX RAM 1066 MHz. Should be plenty fast for your usage.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
-Corsair 750w power supply. Plenty of power for all of your current hardware, with lots of room from upgrading and expanding in the future. A great brand, great quality that won't fail on you.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100247L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
-ATi Sapphire HD 4870. Top of the line graphics, you'll be able to play any game on the market, and any game that will come out for a while.

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
-Western Digital 500GB Hard Drive. Good brand, plenty of room.

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners
-Asus DVD Burner with Lightscribe. A great drive for burning or watching movies, or whatever else.

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
-Creative 7.1 Channel Sound Card, with PCI interface. Should be fine for your usage, if you really think you need a sound card. Make sure you have a high quality headset/headphones/pair of speakers, or else there's no point of a sound card.

TOTAL: ~$1150 with shipping.

This is what I would do if I had that budget (I wish I did! :p).

-Ethan

He's not doing anything intensive with graphics at all, Photo editing = doesn't require that much, a 3870 will suit him fine, but if he wanted and it does fit in his budget to get a 4850/70 He could for the future. but by what he told us he was going to be doing with the computer don't you think the 3870 would be fine?

:Edit: Kingston Ram!! Blasphemy, lol haven't seen anyone recommend that on these forums.

He's not doing anything intensive with graphics at all, Photo editing = doesn't require that much, a 3870 will suit him fine, but if he wanted and it does fit in his budget to get a 4850/70 He could for the future. but by what he told us he was going to be doing with the computer don't you think the 3870 would be fine?

:Edit: Kingston Ram!! Blasphemy, lol haven't seen anyone recommend that on these forums.

I thought Kingston was good? :confused:

Well, if Kingston is suddenly terrible, change it to Corsair or G.Skill then.

knigston is ok as far as ram goes. in my experince i have been able to get 667 to 700mhz very easily and thats not even trying to overclock. as far as timeings go.... dont even get me started...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom