Purchasing a 2nd Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
OK, so I want to purchase a 2nd monitor. The only issue I have is, the current monitor i have is operating through an adapter to my VisionTek Radeon 4850 HD video card. the ports on the video card look like this:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I have the adapter plugged into one of those ports (which i THINK is a DVI port, im sure you guys know :D).

So i figure since theres two i have the ability to run a dual-monitor setup right?

Also, how do I specify that the monitor im buying use that kind of video input, i dont see that choice for the specifications on Newegg.

Any help would be appreciated

sorry for the totally luddite post, but I dont know how better to word it :D

-Phate

ok, so on to my 2nd question: how do i tell if the monitor is DVI or not?

The video input/ output is dvi so you would need a monitor which supports this.
or vga with an adapter.

ok, so on to my 2nd question: how do i tell if the monitor is DVI or not?

The monitor when buying it will tell you in the specifications. In detail the dvi cable has some funky lines of metal, and pins. VGA is only pins.

Need to know what you will be using this for first, if it's for gaming, no that is not a good monitor. For business or common pc tasks then yes it is fine. Budget?

Yes it would work with it, but you would need a vga to dvi adapter, usually video cards come with them anyway.

ok, heres what im doing:

I need to buy a 2nd monitor, yes, its for gaming.

Sadly, my budget is around $200, so im not looking for anything good, just something that will function, and give me the extra screen space :D

Edit: one more question, would having 1 widescreen and one non-widescreen monitor cause an issue? the current monitor im using is NOT widescreen, but it seems like 90% of the monitors out there now are widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom