Pulling apart Old Systems.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking if I dismantle some old systems & put together a system out of these older parts with some new parts from Scan.co.uk I'm thinking I mite get a pretty decent system out of it.

The only thing I can think of holding me back is the Hardware I have. As well as investing in a nice new shiny chassis and some cooling products the best I could hope for with the systems I could take apart is a Duel core.

I've managed to price up a, Mobo, CPU, Memory, PSU for new at £90 and you know what it was just nasty. I mean it was Nasty. A single core 1.3Ghz Sempron, with 2 GB of DDR Value Memory. While the tech was bang up to date the Quality and scale was very low end.

I'm wanting to spend no more than £100 on Upgrades \ Additions to the family which is why I suggested pulling apart old systems, and then buying relatively new parts to make an up cycle of what I all ready have.

What are your thoughts on this. I was looking at Scan.co.uk and threw the Today Only Deals.

Today Only - Daily Offers and Deals - Scan.co.uk

You don't have to get everything at once, just for this month, buy a nice case, then next month get a dvd or a blu ray burner, or maybe a nice power supply. Save the mobo and cpu and gpu for last because those things are like vegetables... they tend to have a short shelf life before they lose their value

If I were you, I'd stick with the system I have and set aside £100 every month. By this time next year you'll be able to build quite a rig :tongue:

Sell every old computer you have as well and you'll have an even more awesome system.

No need to have half a dozen boxes from 2000 running. Old, slow, and power inefficient (probably the biggest one. Saving the money you save on power bills every month alone could build you an awesome system) just not worth it in general.

If I were you, I'd stick with the system I have and set aside £100 every month. By this time next year you'll be able to build quite a rig :tongue:

Sell every old computer you have as well and you'll have an even more awesome system.

No need to have half a dozen boxes from 2000 running. Old, slow, and power inefficient (probably the biggest one. Saving the money you save on power bills every month alone could build you an awesome system) just not worth it in general.

Sorry iFargle I never got back straight away on this thread I was too tired last night and just went to bed.

I'm busy updating all the system I have to Mint 64 Bit edition for the fah DC. Hopefully it will give me more WU. I was going to Pull all my System apart and put the best components together and I still might but for now this is a straight forward way of getting the best out of eatch core I have on the Systems. Also I don't pay for my electric and power and I've just oprderd a 750 GTX.

Back
Top Bottom