psu upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosunknown

Baseband Member
I ain't sure what my psu is and I was wondering how I can find out. Cause I wanted to upgrade my video card to a XFX PVT42KUDE3 GeForce 6800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card and it needs at least a 400 watt-power supply, recommends 450 watt-power supply. here is an link to the video card I am talking about http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...nt quality, much thanks for who ever answers.

If I am to believe what TriEclipse has been propagandizing :)p), your system would run at much less than those 400 Watts. The card you're getting is still relatively weak, good value for money perhaps but there are many bigger monsters out there. And I can't imagine it eats too much energy. If it's a build you bought at some store that had a motherboard in it that supports the card you're getting, I'd think that they put in an adequate PSU to match. Unless you've got a Dell like me. o_O

No I just got a gateway that my dad bought me for christmas of 2004. And I don't know if my motherboard is compatibile with the GeForce 6800XT 256MB. How would I find out if it is. Can I just go and read the serial number on the back and put that number on gateways website. And then from there find out what specific type of my MotherBoard my computer has and from there figure out if it supports it or not?

You can download PC Wizard 2006 (google) and it will tell you if you have an AGP slot or a PCI Express (maybe neither w/ integrated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom