PSU Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddy said:
Can I just check what people think of this?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=102994

Yes, it is VERY cheap, but don't forget that it has been manufactured by the sellers themselves.

The specs are...

+3.3v = 28A
+5v = 35A
+12v = 30A
-5v = 0.5A
-12v = 0.8A
+5vsb = 2.5A

...which make it sound very good. Is there a catch here?

I thought some poeple were cheap, really really cheap, but you take the cake...

Sure go buy a cheap power supply, you will regret it.

Ste said:
I thought some poeple were cheap, really really cheap, but you take the cake...

Sure go buy a cheap power supply, you will regret it.

Excuse me? Exactly what are you trying to say?

I come onto this board and post a perfectly reasonable question because my knowledge is thin when it comes to PSU's. I get some good responses that get me off searching.

I come across something that, in my mind, seems to be too good to be true based on what I've seen so far - so I question it here so people in the know can tell me why it is or isn't a bad idea.

I take a lot of offence at your post and I'd thank you not to bother in future if all you're going to do is ridicule me for trying to learn about this issue, thank you very much.

By the way, thanks jeremy for the insight you gave regarding the cheap PSU issue. I'll be sure to take it on board and avoid the bargains at all cost - I'll make sure I buy a branded supply at the price it should be.

I wouldn' t worry about me, Words don't mean anything. Just take the suggestions of the fellow TF members, everyone that was suggested int his thread is a "good" choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom