PSU problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soon2bAConsoler

Beta member
Just finished new 1st system build, got windows all installed and updated, installed drivers for my other cards. And was in the middle of installing F.E.A.R. and the whole thing just powers down. Now when I press the power I get a weird Pop sort of sound coming from the PSU. Nothing else, no fans nothing. The PSU is a Enermax Liberty 500w. And I don't have dual anything going on. The only problem I can see was there was 6 fans on it, do they take much power? And is there a way to "reset" my PSU if it's just a fuse/breaker?

[color=990000]*edit*
both your threads have been merged. you do not need to post multiple threads on exactly the same topic[/color]

Buy a new one. Get an Antec, Aspire, something reliable. On my old machine I had a 430W Antec running 5 fans, 3 hard drives, X800XL, and some other things ... I never had any issues.

i would return the psu and get a new one and hope it didn't damage any of your other parts. If you jsut finished buildign it it should have a warrenty atleast 30day warrenty unless it was used and you ebayed it. But other then that i don't know what to tell you but to get a new one which would be more money if the psu came with the case i would advise you to get a new psu, usually the ones that came with the cases are usually not to good unless its a antec PSU which is a whole differnt story but try that and see what happens.

enermax is a high quality psu brand , no way it burned any other parts but itself so you got nothin to worry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom