Status
Not open for further replies.

billenium

Baseband Member
Motherboard: DP35DP
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad
RAM: 2x1gb Crucial Ballistix

HardDrive: Western Gate 500GB
Graphics Card: 8600GT (might go to an 8800GT later... maybe, i doubt it)
Optical Drive: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model
Case: Antec 900 <3
PSU: Newegg.com - SeaSonic SS-500ES ATX12V/V2.2, EPS12V/V2.91, 500W, PFC, 80+, 2PCI-E (6Pin), Power Supply - OEM
OR
Newegg.com - Antec earthwatts EA500 ATX12V v2.0 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, CB, C-tick, CCC - Retail ( I prefer to use this one)

Okay will this PSU work? (The PSU has not yet been purchased! I want to keep it a little cheap, I don't really like spending a lot of money. Thnx!)
Also, everything in Green is bought. Everything in Red is not bought yet, and any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks soooo much! You guys are the best!

they both have the same amperage and are both quality brands. If you want to go 8800gt w/ your quad I would get something heavier on the rails. They say 18 amps is plenty on a 12v but better safe than sorry. I have 22amps per rail even though I don't need it. But I plan on adding and OCing every cpu so the extra assurance and stability is worth it.

Oh okay. I just liked that one more since it had:
A rebate
A promo code

Cutting the price in half.
I could go with seasonic i guess! *me looks into it*

Ill also take any suggestions on red parts! THANKS!

---------
Seems the first person edited there post. Does that mean i could use the Antec one? Does it matter that i have an Antec case? lol.

*giggles* Nice HDD in your build. :p
Thanks for the links, btw. I think i will probably get the 400GB. I heard it was a good brand. So then i can evenly dual boot (200gb Linux, 200gb XP... or probably 300GB XP and 100GB Linux but whatever!)

So i do not recall... Did you say i could use that PowerSupply Unit? or it was trash?

Okay... Well it says that Antec is Great, Good, okay, and they suck... hehe

Which one is the Earthwatts?

I've never owned an earthwatt or have heard anything good or bad about them for that matter. Unfortunately different models are made from different OEM's. Seasonic is quality. I would take it over the earthwatt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom