New Build

Cooler Master Centurion 5
AMD X2 6000
Biostar TF7025 (Using on-board video)
2GB G.Skill Ram
2xHard Disk one 250gb and one 500gb
1xSata DVD-writer

This PSU:
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN ATX12V 400W Power Supply 120/220 - 240v NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail

I haven't heard any problems with any of the above items working together, but if anyone has heard of any issues feel free to post. Mostly just want to make sure the PSU will give enough power, since I'm using onboard video I think I will be fine.

Bump.

Anyone confirm this will work before I order?

I did a build exactly like this with the X2 4800 and it was fine, not sure if the X2 6000 requires more power.

Thanks!

Thanks. Do they make that model without LEDs? This PC will be in our living room and the side panel on the case has a window, I prefer not to have any LEDs that will light up the room.

Thanks, I'll just stick with the fortron 400 then. I didn't notice the 2 12v rails either. Since the system won't ever need to power anything but the onboard video and MAYBE another hard drive in the future, hopefully I'll be fine :)

I'm not saying that you should do this. But i have ran my computer with a 300w psu before with 15amps on 1 12v rail. I had a 8800gts 640mb, 5 case fans, 2 optical drives, 2 hard drives, 4 cold cathodes, E6300 @ 3.2ghz and i ran it for about 3 months like this and it was stable. I was very very surprised that my psu lasted those 3 months. But i switched it out eventully for a corsair hx520 because i knew it would die and bring down some component with it.

So on your case 400 should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom