PSU and CPU are DEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

undeadlol

Beta member
A few days ago my 1 and a half year old PSU and CPU on Inspiron 531s died out and I'm looking for some help on getting a replacement PSU&CPU. Basic computer specs. are:
->Dell Inspiron 531s
->AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+ ~2.3GHz
->3 GB RAM
->ATI Radeon HD 2400
->Standard 250Watt PSU from Dell

Since both PSU and CPU are dead, Im considering to get replacements for both, along with a new graphics card since the ATI Radeon is worse than **** from a horse (By the way my budget is somewhere around the $160s). Looked around and found this CPU. Specs match Inspiron 531s and its relatively cheap; go or no? As for the PSU; it comes with a VGA which is a real killer here. The replacements don't seem too shabby but my real question is if these would go into my slim? Or would it just be better to go for a new comp? Any help would be great, thanks a dozen!!

that psu would most likely not fit your case because you have a slim version. it is difficult to find a psu of that type that you need with enough power because the best that ive found is like a 350w.

i think it would be best for you to save up and build a new, better machine for a relatively cheap price.

Thanks for the advice, I just have to take the hard drive out now. Kinda felt like Inspiron 531s wasn't too well off in the first place. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom