PSU +12v rail reason for 9600se no POST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
LONG story, but here's readers digest version:

I built a PC, put in vid card (ATI 9600se) and no POST. PC works with 9250 PCI card and a mx400 agp 4x.

SPECS:
AMD XP 2000+
120gb Western Digital HDD
Radeon 9600se 128mb 8x AGP
CD/DVD Drive
2 Case fans
1gb Corsair value select RAM
Fortron 350watt PSU (+12v = 16A)

Now, could the amps be too low for the 9600se to not boot? Like I said, it booted with the other two cards. When I put the 9600se in I got "No signal" on monitor and beeps indicating it's vid card. I know the card worked b/c a friend was using it, bought a new one, and shipped this one to me in good packeging.

I RMA'd the card and I am getting it back in probably 2 days, but I am worried that I'll get it back and have the same problem.

I mean, my PSU should easily be able to handle my system, it's not a very demanding system.

Oh, I have tried every possible thing known to man to get it to work before RMA'ing it. (Updating bios, drivers, clearing cmos, etc etc)

There's a good chance is the card. Just wait for the RMA. 16A is decent, and the 9600 is not that power hungry. Just hang in there.

OK, thanks guys. I know its a cheap PSU but Fortrons were rated high on THG. I will not make the mistake of getting a 16A again, though it should easily power up a 9600se.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom