proposed video editing build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcox87

Banned
I've been researching for about a month, and I'm just about ready to buy. I wanted to make sure the items I've selected are compatible and suitable for the build. I'm making a portable desktop so that I can more easily take it to sets and whatnot (I'm a film maker). I'll be canabalizing the case as well as my current one and building my own, so I'm not worried about how crappy the case is or isn't. I already have an optical disk and monitor. I will be using the computer for video editing with premiere and after effects and with the prospect of hd editing and printing in the future when it is more in my fiscal range. I wanted plenty of room to upgrade. I also want to play games on it, but I don't need max settings. Anyway, my buget is US $1150, so not a lot of wiggle room. Let me know if a few more dollars would do me some good because I might be able to switch some funds around and increase the buget. With out further adue:

CPU and MB: i7 920 and ASUS p6t deluxe v2 US$555
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

PSU: Cosair hx750 750w US$165
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

GPU: EVGA GTX 260 US$185
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

RAM: 4GB OCZ EXtreme edition RAM US$80 (with mouse is $2 shipping)
OCZ Intel Extreme Edition Dual Channel 4096MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) at TigerDirect.com

HDD: Hitachi 7200rpm 1tb HDD US$75
Newegg.com - HITACHI 0A38016 1TB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

CASE: Raidmax tornado $40
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WU Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

EXTRAS: Keyboard, mouse (not that I need it, but it reduces shipping and I was planning on getting one eventually), wireless card, firewire expansion= US$72
Newegg.com - Rosewill RK-7310 Black 105 Normal Keys 7 Function Keys USB Wired Super Slim Multimedia Keyboard - Keyboards
Logitech Optical Trackman Trackball at TigerDirect.com
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - PPA 4 Ports PCI Firewire Adapter Model 9806D - Add-On Cards

subtotal (includind S/H): about US$1170
minus MIR: $US80

TOTAL: US$1090 (give or take a few bucks)

I'm planning on purchasing tomorrow, so, as always, a swift responce is appreciated. If you like the build let me know if I should upgrade to fedex shipping with the remaining buget or look at extending warranties or something. Thanks a bunch.

Looks good! Were you going to get a soundcard? or use onboard? BTW that is an awesome case, I love Raidmax :happy:

That's pretty slow RAM, you'd be much better off with 1333MHz or even 1600MHz.

Well, I bought it. Thanks. I went with the 1333mhz on newegg for like $47 or something. I'm really nervous now that something is going to go wrong and ruin my investment. I guess everyone goes through that, but I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me. I learned a lot. Now I guess I just need a good tutorial. I think I saw one on Tom's Hardware that looked nice. And if anyone knows of any case modding or wieght reduction tutorials, I could use those too. Thanks again.

Well, I bought it. Thanks. I went with the 1333mhz on newegg for like $47 or something. I'm really nervous now that something is going to go wrong and ruin my investment. I guess everyone goes through that, but I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me. I learned a lot. Now I guess I just need a good tutorial. I think I saw one on Tom's Hardware that looked nice. And if anyone knows of any case modding or wieght reduction tutorials, I could use those too. Thanks again.

Everything will be fine. If not Newegg has a good return policy.

Check this link for modding parts. DIY/Mod Parts - FrozenCPU.com  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom