Processor Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
How easy it is to upgrade it?
My computer says it has two Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ processors. I've got my PC tested online at gamespot and it says my pc has 5.6 ghz total. I was wondering if this is true since I'm beating computers of today which cost more.

Also what do I need to know about my motherboard or whatever to upgrade my computer?

What about a change of motherboard since my computer is already going into 6 years. (Sony PCV rs 430g)

What is the difference between Athlon 64 , Pentium 4, Pentuim D, Pentium E which one is better and stuff?

If you have a custom build it's a bit easier to upgrade the CPU, because you built it and know what kind of socket the motherboard supports.

The socket is what the CPU slips into on the motherboard. For example, Athlon 64 is Socket 939 and Pentium D is socket LGA 775. I'm having trouble finding information about the motherboard that is in your system, otherwise I could tell you what socket it was and what your options were to upgrade.

As for replacing the motherboard, it's definately an option, but I'd get a pro to do it. The internals of Sony computers can be a little difficult to work with. ;)

I wouldn't suggest upgrading a motherboard in an OEM machine unless you have consulted with the OEM, and are getting a direct replacement, or another board that they can CONFIRM will work with the chassis, and the PSU. Otherwise, you might end up with a board that doesn't fit into the chassis, and the PSU has a proprietary connection that won't attach to it.

You might want to save up for a complete build. Don't let the sound of it intimidate you, because relpacing the motherboard & CPU is the most difficult part of the whole process.

There was HT six years ago?

He was talking both his motherboard, not processor

Six year ago there were no P4 2.8GHz, the fastest processor in 2001 was Pentium 4 2.0Ghz (Willamette)

By the way, I have Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz and my computer says that I have 2 CPU

untitledtb6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom