processor help and video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprofessor17

Baseband Member
processor help and video card help!!

which of these processors would be better for my computer which i am mainly planning on gaming on...

Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 640 w/HT Technology (3.2GHz,800FSB)

is this a decent video card..
256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory

how much fps do you think that would get on cs:s

thanks

for gaming, those 2 should be close in performance, maybe the 3.2ghz taking the slight lead, but i'd take the dual core cuz its better.

x600se : no, thats a crappy card.

well right now i am only seeing 2 cards... the one i saw previously and this one... 128MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory but then again the other one is only 40 dollars more than this... that one is included in the price... should i just save up and buy maybe this card

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1351110&CatId=1559

and just have a store install it since I dont now how to do that?

yes, save up and get that card.

installing video cards is really easy. all you gotta do is push it in the slot. then after that its just driver installation. whats your powersupply?

get the cheaper cpu, i dont know much about intel, but gaming performance does not vary much between cpus. i mean it does if we are talking real crap cpu vs a good one, but the fps diference you will get between those two would not be very big id imagine,

Power
Input Voltage: 100 to 120 V at 60Hz, 200 to 240V at 50Hz

Output Wattage: 305W maximum continuous

Heat Dissipation: 560.5 BTU/hour

Backup Battery: 3.0 V CR2032 coin cell

you're gonna need a new power supply as well. 305watts is not enough to run neither the 6600gt nor the 6800gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom