Processor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauge

Solid State Member
My neighbor recently offered to sell us a new computer for 800 dollars.
And I was wondering how much of a deal it is, to me it seems great, the only thing that is really bad is a single core processor AMD 64 processor, I don't remember exact specs but I know it had a gig of ram 200 gig hard drive(most likely 7200 rpm) a nineteen inch monitor a card reader and the basic hardware ( Mouse ,Speakers blah blah). I then got on gateways websight and made another for about 800 bucks. For the most park it sucks

Processor:Core Two Duo 1.86GHz 1066MHz. RAM:512MB dual-channel. Hard Drive160GB 7200rpm Card Reader 15 inch monitor

^ This one basically sucks compared to the other in all but the processor field, My question is, how big a deal is that Core 2 Duo as compared to the single core ? Is there somewhere else I can go and get the get better specs for $800?

Core 2 Duo is FAR better than the single cores and much better performance that Athlon X2 as of now...

Core 2 Duo is the best line of processors out currently....period. I think you could probably build a nice C2D system for $800.

So the fact that all the other parts are better don't make it a better system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom