Processor/Heatsink Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mRk

In Runtime
I recently bought a retail version of the AMD Athlon64 3000+ and when I was installing the heatsink onto the chip, I didn't check to see if there was a clear film protecting the thermal paste. I just took the hard plastic cover off the bottom and put it on. Should I take the heatsink off the chip and see if there's a plastic film or should I just leave it there?

PZEROFGH said:
the retail always comes with some thermal thingy on the bottom

But does it have a strip that covers the paste? Because on my motherboard installation guide it says:

"1. If your heat sink already has a patch of thermal paste on its underside, peel the strip that covers the paste."

I didn't see any such strip on mine... unless it was clear. I just took off the big plastic bottom casing and mounted it on. Was there a clear strip covering the thermal paste on anyone else's AMD Athlon64 processor?

once you take the heatsink out from the box, there is usually a plastic cover thingy protecting it, well thast with my 3200+ i believe the 3000+ comes with a thermal pad ...well didnt you alreayd put your processor and heatink in your computer...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom