Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury36

In Runtime
I need a better Processor, at the moment ive got a Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2,66Ghz, and i really want a AMD one (as ive heard they are allot better for gaming). My budget is up to £200 for the processor, and i will need a new motherboard aswell, but thats not included in the budget.

£200 isnt my maximum budget, its just around that area. So any suggestions?

200.00 GBP = 349.149 USD, there u go. Would the AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 90nm (Socket 939) be a good one? Or is the one above for a bit more ALLOT better?

The One I linked does not go over his budget. I realize he can't buy t at newegg but maybe he could find it somewhere else. and I just use newegg causes it quicker on search options.

He lives in the UK, and I was considering buying in the US when I was getting my gcard, mobo, case and water cooling, but it was really not worth the extra postage and more importantly the wait. And if anything came DOA or died early, it would be expensive on postage.

If you can find a US site that will post to the UK, at a reasonable price, and not charge VAT on top of the price (not sure if they would do this) than you can if you want to.

Well, after a bit of browsing (and Trifids recommendation) ive found a combination which i can afford:

- AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 90nm (Socket 939)
- Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250GB (Socket 939) Motherboard

Any good? And ill be buying my stuff from www.overclockers.co.uk, if anyone is wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom