Processer and hard drive

Afguy

Beta member
Hey guys, Im kinda new to the building of a computer aspect. Currently I am upgrading my computer and I was wondering for the proccessor, What should i be looking for? or what should I look out for keep in mind? Does it matter if my computer is a 32 bit or what? and for upgrading the hard drive, if I go up from a 32 bit to a 64 bit, do I need a new motherboard? and if I get a new hard drive, does it come with an OS on it? All the help will be appreciated thanks :)

Hello. First of all, it depends what will you do on your computer. Are you a gamer? or just want to use the internet etc ?

Secondly, there are 3 things that link together; 32 or 64bit OS, processor and motherboard. They all need to match to each other. For example different processors need different sockets on the motherboard, and if you want a 64bit OS your processor needs to handle it.

Any hard drive will be good for any motherboard these days, just make sure its an "Internal SATA".

Lastly, when you buy a new hard drive, it DOESN'T come with an OS. You have to buy windows (or download linux) on a CD then install it.

Hope i helped, if you need more info ask :)

Back
Top Bottom