Problems installing a x800 xt AGP graphics card/drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lush1

Beta member
Hello everyone I have recently purchased one of the ATI cards, have connected it to my motherboard etc and have tried to install Omega drivers in order to run it, as well as ATI drivers.

Basically it is not working properly, the screen is shimmering, the resolution is poor and the quality is terrible - worse than my budget geforce card.

I uninstalled the Omega drivers before installing the ATI drivers and vice versa.

I am a total novice when it comes to dealing with computers, am really stuck as to what to do to get this thing to work, please could someone give me some easy to understand advice on how to set up this graphics card and drivers!

Many many thanks!

System specs please.

Graphics cards aren't my expertice, but check online for dif drivers and read the manuel for now. I know ATI's drivers aren't always the best, but someone here should be able to help you better (never had an ATI card).

I believe this is my system spec, my friend built the computer so I don't know myself.

PC Chips M848ALU SKT A SIS 748 400 DDR AGP 8x ATA133 6Ch Sound/LAN/USB 2.0 for Athlon or Sempron CPUs

PC CHips m848ALU

The X800XT requires a 300W PSU or better, and also requires its own power connector (it has to be plugged into the PSU via four pin connector [molex]).
molex.jpg

All the drivers in the world won't help if it ain't getting enough juice.

from the looks of it you either aren't getting enough juice from your PSU...make sure all the connections are hooked up and make sure your PC is recognizing it. it could be your system is not supporting it. im not sure on what will work with it or not, but that 950mhz doesn't look to shabby for much nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom