Problem w/ New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha ok. sounds good, maybe your computer can think about what its done overnight and right itself in the morning :)

and it's possible. There's no reason why it shouldn't work with an IDE drive, everything's backwards compatible so it ought to work, but I think a sata drive would make it work better. and if you're installing games or anything it'll go a lot faster with a sata drive. and it'll make your case prettier if you can get rid of the IDE ribbon cable :]

Could the power settings cause this since I've had to play around w/ the right way to connect the power cables...I have 2 connected to the Mobo (an 8 pin and a 24 pin)

I think I will just get a $18 SATA CD/DVD drive from Microcenter since the one I have (IDE) is only 16x.

Just tried to run the DVD/CD drive via a IDE to SATA interface, BIOS did not even see it. I made the BIOS changes you mentioned. I'm thinking that the BIOS does not even see the drive at all. I even tried to connect via USB, it only saw that it was a drive, but was not in the boot menu startup option.

OK, installed a SATA CDROM, that did it. I reinstalled the OS and just have to rebuild the image. One problem, when it "reboots", it doesnt really reboot, just goes to shutdown, then hangs. I have to hard stop it, then start back up everytime.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom