Problem with PC ,cant find HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufel

Baseband Member
i baught a new pc.when i got it,i opened it and put my HD,video card and cd burner in because i wanted to give my old one with the new HD taken from the new Pc to my son.
the new pc booted fine with my HD and ran perfectly.
but when i tried to install windown on the old pc with the new HD,windows gave me the cannot find HD installed.
may be the prob is the the HD i removed from my old pc was SATA and that the new HD is IDE.may be its just a MB driver thing i dont know.i joined a picture of the motherboard.it has IDE and EIDE connector.i tried connecting the CD rom to the PRI_IDE and the HD to the PRI_EIDE or SEC_EIDE but windown dont see it that way.
and when i connect the CD rom to the PRI or SEC_EIDE and HD to the PRI_IDE,the windows cd wont boot and if i go to the MB setting,i can see both CD and HD in the boot sequence.
can someone tell me what the prob is plzzz???
here are the spec before and after the swap
PC 1)
Pentium D 3,4ghz
1gig sdram
ati radeo 1950 pro graphic card
P5LD2 motherboard
seagate sata 160gig HD
PC 2)
Pentium core 2 duo 2,2ghz
1gig sdram
no graphic card installed
P5LD2 motherboard
WD ATA 160gig
After swap
PC 1)
Pentium D 3,4 ghz
1gig sdram
ATI radeon 800XL graphic card
P5LD2 motherboard
*WD ATA 160gig
PC 2)
Pentium core 2 duo 2,2ghz
1gig sdram
no graphic card installed
P5LD2 motherboard
*seagate sata 160gig HD

The * denote the change

yes i can see it in bios but windows cant.

where should i connect the HD and the CD Rom?

check the jumpers on the back of the drives. i reccomend setting both drives to master, having the hdd on the primary channel and the cdrom on the secondary channel. then adjust the boot order so that the cdrom is first, followed by the hdd and then disable any other options in the boot order. after giving that a try report back if you need more help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom